Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Find your joy!

In just a few short days it will be Easter and we get to celebrate the Lords sacrifice on the cross, all because he loved us. US!  Could you imagine what he had to endure those last few hours being beaten and bruised all so that one day we could all join him in heaven? WOW.


I have 3 children. I would do absolutely anything for them and protect them at all costs. To know that we have a God who loves us even more than that, is indescribable.

I have been a christian my entire life, but it wasn't until a few short years ago that I desired a real relationship with our creator!  I devoured every word of the bible, wanting to know more, learn more and be more in Christ. It's amazing how one moment you can just be one person, and suddenly, overnight, someone else.
I was tired of being stressed out and anxious. I was always on edge. I felt like I was never going to measure up, and like I was here spending each day trying to be more, do more, and have more.
The more I had I realized, didn't make me any happier. After every new mountain i'd conquer, there was another, bigger mountain just waiting for me, looking bigger and scarier than ever. I was tired. I realized in that moment, that I would never measure up to the unrealistic goals I had put into my mind, and it was time to find peace. To find contentment.


Have you ever found yourself in a similar situation. One where you are trying so hard but just feel like you still don't measure up? Do you ever feel like you are not enough? Well don't let those negative thoughts fill your mind up anymore! Do not let negativity steal your joy. God wants you well! He wants to see you happy! He does not want you anxious, and afraid. Remind yourself that you are ENOUGH! Right here, right now, just as you are. Come to him, and trust him and feel the peace that he can bring into your heart, your body, and your soul! 


In life, things will not always go our way. We will have struggles and we will face hardships and heartbreak, but we will also love and be loved. We will laugh, and we will laugh so hard we cry. We will find ourselves in difficult situations, but in God, we can get through all obstacles.

Have a blessed day, and as we approach this Easter, let's remember why we celebrate, and that we are truly loved, and worth loving!

-Tiffany
The Vela Homestead


Post a Comment

On Instagram

© The Vela Homestead. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.