Saturday, March 10, 2018

New baby chicks are home!

So today I had to make a run to tractor supply for no other reason but hubby needed to get a welder and I wanted to grab some pine shavings and straw! I had no need to get more chickens but I have wanted other colors and to have a more colorful flock. When this first girl (or boy who knows) was spotted I knew I had to have her! She was the only one with these markings and so adorable!

Than there was this girl, and I loved the marking at her eye! 

And this girl was spotted and I had to have her, but t wasn't until I got home that I realized she has fuzzy feet and now I'm even more in love with her! 


Look at those fluffy toes! 


I really loved her orange markings! And she had pasty butt and I really wanted to get her home and cleaned up! 


And lastly here is "Big sissy" because she's huge next to the bantams! She is a Cornish Rock and will be solid white when she gets full grown! 


Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed looking at all our new chicks! I will be sharing progression shots of them as they grow up so you can see what all their markings turn into! It's hard to find information like that online and it would be fun to have some on my little piece of the web here! 


Thanks for reading! ~The Vela Homestead

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© The Vela Homestead. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.