Tuesday, March 27, 2018

The chicks are 2 weeks old!

So the chicks are now 2 weeks old as of Sunday and as promised I've taken more pictures of them to remember this day! Baby chicks grow so incredibly fast that a lot happens in just 1 week! Plus with every new chick purchase, I search online to identify them and while you can sometimes fine progression pictures, they are not that comment so here I am!

First up, here are all 4 of the bantams cuddled together for a group shot! I specifically picked out each chick because they all had different markings and wanted to see how each would grow!

Here is chick 1. She still had this beautiful silver and yellow coloring! I've been told she looks like a silver seabright, which means she will be one beautiful, colorful hen as she gets bigger (If she's a she that is!)


Here is chick 2, still our smallest bird! We are sill calling her sushi! (Thanks Natalie!) Her colors are so pretty too! She's so speckled!


Here is chick 3. We are still calling her fuzzy toes. I'm sure we can come up with something better though if she stays a she! She's my most outgoing chick! Look at those feet!! 


Here is chick 4, the last of our new bantam chicks! I've been told she looks like a gold lace, which are truly gorgeous birds too! Look at how long those wings are already! 


And last up is Big Sissy. She is like 6 times bigger than little sushi is! This girl is HUGE. I'm hopeful she will live a happy life on our farm, however long it is! She always looks so unimpressed with me!

So that's it for today! I hope you enjoy watching these chicks grow with us! <3 I can't wait for spring and getting them outside!



Thanks for reading! ~The Vela Homestead

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© The Vela Homestead. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.