Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The chicks are 3 weeks old!

So our chickies are now 3 weeks old! Now my external camera flash is draining my batteries really quickly. I use rechargeable and have to order new ones to see if it's the batteries or the flash that's not working. So I had to use my camera phone this week instead!

Look at this fun little group shot! One is growing much faster than the others....


Here is chick #1. She definitely looks like a silver seabright bantam! So far my guess is hen but we'll see what happens as she grows! Her name is Frost! 


Here is chick #2! I think she may be a Welsummer Bantam but I'm not entirely sure! She's the smallest chick and her name is still Sushi! 

Here is chick #3! Still calling her fuzzy toes. I'm not sure what breed she is yet!  His/her name is Bear! Boy or girl, it's staying! She should be a big fluffy soft black chicken when she grows!

Here is chick #4! We believe that he/she is a golden seabright we believe! She is now named Penny however, I think it's going to be a rooster lol! We will see but look at that comb! 

Lastly here is Big Sissy! (If a rooster it will change to Samson!) But woah she's growing so so fast! She's a cornish rock! 

And to end this post, here's a group shot of the 4 bantams together! 
They are so fun!


Have a blessed day!  ~The Vela Homestead

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© The Vela Homestead. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.