Sunday, April 8, 2018

New ducklings!

Wednesday, Natalie and I went to a local hatchery Duck n' Coop. I've only bought chicks and turkeys from Tractor supply so it was really exciting to go into a hatchery and see so many different chicks, ducks and breeds!

We decided we wanted 4 different breeds for our new additions!
Here are our new babies, breeds, and all that! Here is a photo I took of them the day we came home!


Here are some photos I took today! I plan on taking age progression photos like I do for our chickens each week and sharing them here on the blog! I hope you enjoy these! 

First up is our little Black and yellow ducking. He/She will be an Magpie duck! She should have white and black coloring as she grows! She's the smallest of the 4, and I believe just a week old. We haven't chosen names yet!


 Here is our 2nd little duckling. She/He will be a Ancona duck with white and silver coloring! She is just a touch bigger than the first duckling!

This is our 3rd duckling. He/She will be a Khaki Campbell duckling! He's a big duckling and I'm guessing around 2 weeks old! This little one is loud and anxious compared to the other, and definitely the fastest!
Lastly here is our 4th duckling! She is going to be so gorgeous as she/he grows up! This one is about the same size as the duckling above but not as crazy!



I look forward to sharing our little ducklings as they grow and watching their little personalites come to life and picking out names! 



Have a blessed Sunday!  ~The Vela Homestead

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© The Vela Homestead. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.