Monday, April 16, 2018

Chickens 5 weeks old!

So The chickens are now 5 weeks old! (The new 3 are not far behind that!)
Here are some updated photos! I had to use both my camera and my cell phone because my flash is just awful. It doesn't like to work even with new batteries very long!

Chick number 1 "Frost"! I think this will be a hen. At least I hope so! She's gorgeous and look at that coloring!


Sushi is still our smallest chick! And also I'm hoping is a hen! She is getting really pretty!
Bear is so so sweet! She (or he?) Walks up to me when I open the cage to peck at my pants and get in my lap. How sweet is that? Man I'll be so sad if this is a rooster. I just love this bird and it's my favorite because of how sweet it is! She is so soft and fluffy!

Here is Penny, who has been renamed Rocky. He is definitely a rooster. He is trying to crow and will practice  A LOT. I'm so sad we will have to find him a new home because he is just so beautiful! 

Big Sissy is as big as ever! I hope we can keep her with us for a year and if she makes it that long I'll be happy! 

Now onto the new chickies! 
Now I hope this is a girl, but if she is a he we will be calling him Einstein (and finding him a new home) Man why do people have to hate roosters so much! I'm afraid to annoy my neighbors lol. It's just not worth the risk of losing our flock! Isn't she/he just gorgeous! I love the hairdo!



Chick number 7, is small with a big comb so I'm thinking this is a he. But we will see. I have to pick out a name for is soon! 

And lastly our for sure hen, I still just love her! She needs a pretty name! 

I hope you enjoy these pictures of the chickens as they grow! <3



Thanks for reading! ~The Vela Homestead

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© The Vela Homestead. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.