Monday, December 4, 2017

Building our pen and coop!

Yesterday I talked all about our turkeys. Today I'm going to talk about our chickens! First we knew we would need a pen and coop for them to live in, so we had an adorable custom chicken coop made. Michigan can get pretty cold, and I wasn't sure about predators out here, so to be safe I wanted something pretty secure that would lock up nice and tight! My husband, brother and my oldest son built the pen and my daughter and I painted the coop and the boards for the pen! It was a fun group effort to bring this place to life and get it ready for our chicks!
Here is a progression of photos of our pen and coop build! I hope you enjoy!

Before paint!




Building the pen!

Paining boards


Finished pen!
And the coop after paining and adding a flower box! 







I really love the barn red color and all the green grass! Although with 12 chickens the green grass didn't last long :) I hope you enjoyed a tour of our little homestead in the making!



Thanks for reading! ~The Vela Homestead

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© The Vela Homestead. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.