Sunday, December 3, 2017

All about our little Turkey pets!

I told myself when I started this blog that I would be sure to post consistently, but as we grew our little farm this summer, I found myself too busy to do just that! Here I am going to start again and share all these adorable little additions we've made and our new adventures as homesteaders!

First up are our two little Turkeys! We bought a bronze breasted poulet and a white breasted poulet. They are 5.5 months old now and are so big! I'm going to share some photos of how they have grown in the short time we've had them!

Here are the girls at just 2 weeks old! 
Here they are at 6 weeks old! 
Meeting the chickens for the first time. These chickens had no idea just how big these tiny turkeys would get! 


Here they are now, 5.5 months old Our big girls with our whole flock! They are so big!
And lastly, I wanted to share a photo of where I've been finding them roosting to sleep. Inside the barn on the goats pen boards! They sure love it up there! 


Turkeys have been a lot of fun to have around! They love to roost high on the enclosure and sleep in our barn. They get along with all our chickens (We're up to 17 chickens!) and love to groom our Nigerian Dwarf goats! Yes goats! We got 2 sweet twin duelings this August as well and they deserve a post of their own too so they will be up next! 


I hope you have enjoyed hearing about our sweet girls!

Thanks for reading! ~The Vela Homestead

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© The Vela Homestead. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.