Tuesday, January 2, 2018

It's 2018! How did that happen?!


I just cannot believe how fast 2017 has flown by for me! It was a year of dreams coming true! Life can be really hard, and yet I was incredibly blessed with a few good years at work to help move me into my little homestead. While things have gotten really tight this year, I'm really so grateful for this years many blessings. God has always provided for my family! A happy,  healthy home, Food in our bellies, a roof over our head and our new little herd that brings us so much joy! Animals are my dream to be around. I'm not much of a people person and a self professed introvert, but these animals make me feel so relaxed and like I'm doing exactly what I was called to do!
I mean look at her, my queen hen, Queeny, what's not to love about that face!


To help think back on a joyous 2017, i want to first thank our merciful God who has blessed my heart with more than I have ever dreamed of. A simple life, in the country, with my small, yet amazing circle of friends and family to enjoy it all with! My husband who has put up with my many, many requests. Like building everything we needed for the homestead and my garden this spring! He really worked so hard and I appreciate him more than he knows! I've been letting go of the superficialities that once controlled my life, to live a more simple, retrospective existence filled with so much more happiness and joy! Truly I feel so blessed, and want to continue 2018 with positive thoughts, and actions.


As I was eating breakfast I noticed the sun was shining and there were iridescent, colorful clouds in the sky! It's a great reminder of new beginnings and just the perfect day to see it! I look forward to 2018 with the promise of it's many new beginnings. Growth. A new outlook on life, new goals, and new ambitions. I love making new goals each year and seeing which ones come to fruition and which ones I need to try again! My life is always a work in motion! I pray I can go through this year with the confidence I need to reinvent myself. Humble myself, and grow into the person I'm called to be. Stress, anxiety, negativity, and all the like, has no place in my life if I want to succeed and be the best wife, mother and me! I'm going to work to find balance, establish boundaries, and find acceptance in the fact that things can change, no matter how hard you work to succeed, and life can take us on unexpected paths that teach us, and shape us into who we are supposed to be! This is the plan God has for my life. I'm going to embrace it and hopefully follow the path he has for me un-reluctantly!

Happy New Year 2018 to you this year readers! May your year be filled with joyous moments making new memories and finding yourself! I pray you have peace that surpasses understanding,



Many blessings for 2018! ~The Vela Homestead

Post a Comment

On Instagram

© The Vela Homestead. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.